Twilight Run F.O.R. Cherokee
Since 2011, Cherokee Friends of Recovery Foundation (F.O.R.) and our community partners work together to host an Annual Twilight Run F.O.R. Cherokee each year. The Twilight Run F.O.R. Cherokee 5k and Fun-Run Walk is a family orientated fundraiser designed for the community to have fun, help raise awareness of the dangers of impaired driving, and with the goal of keeping our loved ones and friends save on our highways.
Think you are safe from DUI? Think again.
Drunk driving facts show that anyone, at any time can be a victim.
- One person is killed every half-hour due to drunk driving
- Each year approximately 16,000 are killed in alcohol related crashes
- Alcohol is a factor in almost half of all traffic fatalities
- Every other minute a person is seriously injured in an alcohol related crash
- Over 40% of fatal automobile accidents are alcohol-related
- Approximately 30% of Americans will be in an accident involving alcohol
- According to estimates, someone is injured in an alcohol-related accident every two minutes
- Accidents involving alcohol are more likely to occur at night… about five times more likely
- Approximately two-thirds of DUI convictions are for first-time offenders
- More than one-third of all fatal traffic accidents involve at least one person with a BAC over 0.08%